Friday, June 3, 2011

Unexpected Wal-mart Trip

My son was out of diapers and I thought I had enough to last til tonight (which would have given me more time to find deals etc) and he had already peed in 2 pairs of underwear by the time I got back so this trip was very very needed. Husband also had a prescription I needed to drop off so it had a dual goal.

I did pick up what you see in the picture and a tricycle for my daughter/son to use(yea right them sharing this is turning out horrible!) and a box of diapers.

Here's the breakdown:

Suave Deodorant $0.97-$0.50/1 coupon=$0.47x5=$2.35
Temptations Cat Treats $1.74-$1.00coupon=$0.74
Tidy Cat Litter $2.12-$2.00coupon(Was from coupons.com no longer available)=$0.12
2 Liter Dr. Pepper $1.25=$1.25
Tricycle $39.00(Oh how I wish I had coupons for this or had ad matched it for cheaper)=$39.00
Hungry Jack Instant Potatoes $1.88-$1.00/2coupon=$2.76x5=$13.80
Luvs Diaper Box $16.97-$1.00coupn=$15.97
Apple Sauce $1.50=$1.50

Total after coupons:$82.03  13% savings

****When checking out at wal-mart and using coupons make sure to pay attention to the screen, if I hadn't I would have missed out on $8 in coupons.****

Now I know this looks like a lot to pay BUT I looked at it like this, those potatoes have an expiration date of June 2012 and every time my husband gets a tooth pulled he eats those for 2-3 days after so that's a box at least and I now have 10 boxes to last a long time.  The tricycle allows entertainment for my kids and this is well worth the $39.00 even though it about killed me to pay it.  The diapers will last me a whole month though and I won't have to worry about it for awhile.  And in closing I shall show you a picture of my son with his too short to ride this legs on the new toy



No comments:

Post a Comment