Saturday, June 11, 2011

My very first Walgreen's trip

So a friend and I made our very first and terrifying visit to Walgreen's today.  I had my list, I had all my coupons for said items on the list, I thought I was prepared.  Boy was I wrong. I had a plan going into the store but once I was in there I was in awe and I went super slow with everything and was throroughly confused when I was trying to get all the items needed for the Gillette RR deal. Plus it didn't help they were sold out of it as well.  They were also sold out of the Nivea for Men, which I had planned on getting some to add to the Gillette but alas I digress.
My transactions went as follows:

Transaction 1:
Pampers Size 4-$8.99(Used $1/1 coupon+$2/1 from infant care book)($1RR)
Duracell 4pk $1.99(Used $1/1 coupon)($1RR)
Herbal Essence Shampoo $2.99(Used $1/1) ($1RR)
Dawn Dish Soap $0.99
Gillette Bodywash $4.99x5(Used 4-$2/1&1-BOGO free)
Gillette Shave Gel 2/$7(Used $1coupon)
Gillette After Shave $2.99
Bic Soleil Razors $5.99(Used $3/1) ($2RR)
Pepsi 2liter $0.99(I think this gave me a $1 RR)
Total after coupons was: $39.10
I saved:$33.47

Transaction 2
Herbal Essence Shampoo $2.99(Used $1/1 coupon) ($1RR
Laffy Taffy $0.15 (Used $2RR)
Total:$0.42
Saved:$4.00

Transaction 3
Herbal Essence Shampoo $2.99(Use $1/1coupon)($1RR)
Laffy Taffy $0.15(Used $2RR)
Total:$0.42
Saved:$4.00

Transaction 4
Herbal Essence Shampoo $2.99
Total: $3.26
Saved:$1.00

Ok now the one transaction I forgot to use my coupon so she took an extra $1 off something somewhere I was confused at that point and starting to get hot and she seemed awesome so I went with it. 

So basically I spent:$43.10
Saved:$42.47

I now have $15.99 leftover in register rewards for next weeks sale.

The cashier was super nice at the cosmetics counter and she was so welcoming and easy to deal with and very understanding I can't commend her enough for dealing with us newbies there tonight.  At the end she even pulled out a binder of coupons they keep under the desk for their couponers I mean HOW cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment