Monday, June 20, 2011

From a blog I look at everyday!

I frequently visit a blog Melanie in the Middle who also writes for another blog I look at everyday The Coupon Goddess, and today when I looked at her Melanie in the Middle post 25 Things About Me I decided it was a good post to do to keep it going.

She writes: "I read an interesting post on BlogHer the other day that was pretty much a list of what made that blogger unique. The blogger posed a challenge that we look at ourselves and post a similar list on our own blogs which I thought would be interesting. And since I’m sitting here at 11:50pm waiting for two authentic loaves of Greek bread to finish baking so that my thirteen year old can take something impressive to school tomorrow for some type of cultural event, I figured I’d have at it…..", and since she inspires me in other areas I figured I'd follow her lead with doing this as well and it allows you guys as readers to learn who actually posts all the stuff you read.

So here we go!

1. I have such a motherly instinct is extends to other people's children and is apparent when I tend to call them "baby" or "hun" when talking to them instead o by their name. (Not sure if this annoys or makes the parents of the kids feel safe that someone caring is around their kids)

2. I am an old soul inside a semi-young body. I am 24(On July 14th) but as a child in my teens I would rather be crocheting, cross-stitching, or doing some other craft that my husband considers me a "old lady" for.

3. I have extreme social anxiety, I shake like a chihuahua when I get nervous in public places like I'm cold. It's a work in progress

4. I keep most of my intelligence to myself, not that I'm a genius but more so I like to surprise people with what I know or can do.

5.When it comes to my children I have done feats I never thought I could without a second though. I.E. Running towards a wasp to kill it or even a spider(I am deathly afraid of spiders). Isn't it amazing what motherhood does?!

6. I really enjoy the banana pudding at Chinese restaurants.

7. After I had my daughter I learned I had 3 blood clots in the umbilical cord, then learned if these had reached her it would have killed her. I later learned I had a genetic blood "disorder" that I still don't know what it means.

8. I was born and raised in North Carolina(Greensboro) but I live in a little town in Oklahoma. Do I need to stay it takes some getting use to the weather?

9. I gave blood once in high school just to say I did it even though I was under the weight limit I remember being in the chair and holding a friends hand saying "I never wanna have kids" because of the pain with the needle.  Boy..how I underestimated the pain in comparison it was sooo much worse lol

10. I have been married for 5 years(August 17th) and it seems like it's only been a few years now. I still imagine growing old with this man.

11. Couponing became a part of my life in December 2010, now I say a part of my life as it has helped us so much that it is now something even my husband talks to me about.

12. My dream is to own a business and be active in it.

13. Another dream of mine it to find out my genealogy as I barely know anything about my fathers side of the family.

14. My name is Monika and at my high school graduation the Asst. Principal pronounced it Moe-neeka...I was mortified but it's something I get all the time.

15. My favorite food is a chili cheese coney from Sonic.

16. I am a World of Warcraft player as well as a Call of Duty:Black Ops player, now the only time I have time to do either is rare and usually late at night and I fall asleep doing so.

17. I have a huge fear of driving over water and heights....combine those together...double whammy.

18. My taste in movies leans more so towards the action/adventure side, one of my favorite movies is The Last Samurai(although not huge in the category I still like it)

19. I am a Dr. Pepper addict.  **But trying to quit :D**

20. My favorite flower is a Carnation but I couldn't be simple, I like the ones that are dual colored.

21.I enjoy watching all the kid movies multiple times(Seems I watch most of them once a day anyway).

22. I am a cat person and I think my daughter is as well, whereas my son only says "puppy" so it follows his daddy in that aspect.

23.I own over 300 DVDs which we have accrued over a 6 year span at Gamestop(when they had awesome sales), yard sales, a much loved movie rental place went out of business and we stocked up there! So if we never have cable or netflix we'll still be entertained.

24. I'm a chronic note taker but sometimes forget about the notes.

25. I keep my self constantly busy which sometimes leads to being over busy and overwhelmed but I'd have it no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment