Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Night's Dinner and Dessert and Aftermath

Last night I decided to make a different dessert than the cookies I've been making and I knew I had the Pumpkin Bread in the cabinet, so guess what I made?  I have tried making the apple bread equivalent to this and failed miserably multiple times so I guess it's this box version I get to stick too!


I was trying to find something easy and quick to cook for dinner and came up with my newly loved pizza rendition. 

 It's just a tortilla, marina sauce and cheese.  Now you can add whatever you normally eat on your pizzas but this was for the kids and I wanted to keep it as least messy as possible. 

So roughly: For 8 servings
1pack tortillas-$3.00 (for 8 small)
1bag cheese-$2.50
1jar of Great Value Marinara-$1.00
So 8 or more servings depending on how much cheese and marinara you like costs about $6. That's cheaper than most meals for 1 person at McDonalds!

                        Alex discovered he could play in it of course!

Guess Katherine had to inspect it before she ate it.

 And for the after-play all full and ready to rumble, well in the case say "Hyah Daddy HYAH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment