Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy Day

Well after last nights storms this morning was a rush of gathering information to inform everyone about what had happened.  89 people have lost their lives in the tornado that hit Joplin, MO.  This being fairly close to us people are rushing to donate items, time, and blood now. So I spent the morning finding about a local drop spot for donations and calling Red Cross to find out about their donation spots because they were said to be short (less than a days supply) of ONeg blood.

My breakfast this morning was:
*Dr. Pepper inside the cup*

On top of all that my kids were both awake and running around screaming and I instead of losing it kept my patience and dealt with it without freaking out and having an anxiety attack like normal.  I was able to start laundry, feed them, organize stuff and inform people online about events for the donations etc.

Then it starts to rain here and I'm eagerly waiting my mail lady to deliver the mail so I can rescue it from the rain. Finally I hear her coming down the road and rush out to get my mail:

I got my CoinStar Bag from a FB offer they had. Earthbound Farm Organic has a quiz about Organic farming on their website and if you get all the questions correct you get a $1.00/1 coupon, so I got that in the mail as well as a "WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER" bumper sticker and a PUR water sample to do an experiment with that I plan on trying later.

I got my local Homeland ad today and plan on doing a match-up in between the kids playing, eating, and my cleaning and laundry tasks that I WANT to get done. We shall see how much actually does get done.


No comments:

Post a Comment