Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A blur

   ***This is a picture I caught the night that Joplin got hit with the F4 tornado*** (5/22)

Well living in tornado alley you have to expect tornadoes every spring/summer. Well even knowing this I still didn't expect them, always being naive thinking they would never be this bad.  After seeing Joplin, MO get demolished by a F4 tornado I was freaking out as were others.  We live in a modular home, which is a total no-no during tornadoes. So with 2 small kids my husband I were scrambling, well to be honest just me as he was playing xbox the whole time...I KNOW RIGHT. In his defense he was born and raised in this so he's use to it.

I wish I had thought to take pictures of the outside sky but I was too terrified and too scatter brained to even think about it. Our local community building was opened for residents who had no other form of shelter as this building withstood the tornado that hit back in 1942 I believe(where as it wiped the rest of the downtown out).  So right before the storms really hit Tulsa, OK we headed there. It was hot and sorta crowded but I can't thank the men from the Mayes County Emergency Management enough for opening the building and giving us updates as they got them.  I felt safe there during the storm.  Luckily we were missed by any tornadoes.  So a little freaked and with tired kids (around 9:30pm) we headed home.


On a separate altogether subject, I have been overwhelmed with coupons that I can't/won't use so I started using my favorite website for coupon trading again, couponmom.com
I am literally sending someone $20. That's what these coupons will pay for if they use them $20! I am getting coupons that I will use out of this, so this is a WIN-WIN for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment