Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grocery Trip-$53.17

So I did our bi-monthly shopping trip late last night at the local store that doubles coupons everyday.


I spent $53.17 after coupons. That was a total savings of $83(63%).  Steven(husband) and I walked outta there with smiles on our faces. I even got a catalina for a free gallon of milk(up to $3.59).  Now after hitting the local store I went to Wal-mart and got some other stuff that I knew I could get cheaper there.  I shoulda taken a picture from it as well but it took me forever to get all this lined up in one picture and I had frozen and cold stuff to put up....but overall I spent $74 at wal-mart.

So I filled up the cabinets and fridge for $128.  Not bad for a family of 7, now I'm just curious how long it will last. I know it will last 1 week at least but we need it to last 2 if possible.  Now there are some sales in the local ad next week I wanna get but it's things that will cost me under $10.  For now the only thing we need to complete meal would be meat.

I stopped myself from buying cookies and canned carrots.....guess why?  I told Steven that I could make them(the cookies) because I already had all the stuff at home to make them fresh! I also looked at canned carrots and they were $0.75 a can! Since we usually cook one can and then leftovers are either forgotten about or trashed that's not worth it. I just bought a bag of carrots at walmart for $1.08 and will cook them myself.  So am I leaning towards cooking more fresh, we shall see...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment