Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not just about savings

Well so far you guys have just seen the money saving part of the blog but today it's the other side, the craft side!

When my daughter was just getting hair I purchased some clips from Etsy.com and loved them...although Katherine wouldn't let me put them in her hair. After 5 minutes the clips disappeared from her head to never be seen again. I then realized I bet there's a huge market for this and I could do it in my free time(I had so much more back then). I began my  craft store on Etsy making baby shower items and clippies.  I then went to a full on clippie and pendant store and now I am on my clippie, duct tape, scrabble pin, and etc store lol.

Here are some samples of things I make:
                                                      Lined solid color clips
                                         Duct Tape Checkbook Cover-Various Colors Available
                                                           Hello Kitty Wallet
                                                     Inside card slot of Hello Kitty wallet
                                             Bobby Pins-various colors and appliques(toppers)
                                              Scrabble pins-Up to 6 letters
                                             Coin Pouches-measure 4"x 4"-new!

Now I make all kinds of things and am constantly coming up with new ideas and ways to use existing things.  I was recently asked to do a craft fair in the town I live in and I paid for a booth etc.  This will be my first craft fair ever and was afraid of not being ready or having enough stuff to fill a table.  I have since been able to come up with enough things to do and am eagerly making items every night to be ready with enough product for this.  I also have a friend that has offered to sell my things at her craft fair at the end of the month.  So May 7th if you're local come see me and plenty of other vendors at the PYO builing! You can see more info on their FB page HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment