Wednesday, March 23, 2011

NO INTERNET!?!? WHAT!?!?

Well yesterday we lost internet after 11pm, needless to say we were lost. We had no idea what to do and everyone was bored out of their minds. The kids kept me busy for the most part but I was dying to check my email, msq, and my facebook!  I was able to use my phone to look at all 3 though it was a bit of a wait for it to load, thank god for data plans lol.

Once the kids went to bed though I was lost. I took the time to organize my coupons, separate the expired ones to send to Cortney in Japan, and then I tried to get a shopping list together for this week for stuff I could afford before the 1st.

Once all that was done I then began my newest project/experiment family cloth. Now you may have read about it here or on my moneysavingqueen post. Now when I first posted it my intentions were to see if anyone was actually doing it. The negative response told me certainly no one was doing this. After talking with my mother in law about it though I decided to try it.  Now I'm only trying it for when my daughter and I go number 1 for now.  We both use the bathroom quite frequently so I figured this along would save us money.  Now everyone is grossed out about it because they only seem to think of the poo matter of it, when really you do pee way more than you poo. I cut up an old toddler sheet last night that just happened to get ripped in the wash(almost like it was a sign to try this out lol)


Here is the result of the sheet and I only used half of it:
Now I wasn't sure how big to cut them so I just folded them 3folds thick(3ply)

Now in the bathroom for experimentally purpose I took a picture of how much toilet paper was left:
And then I put my family cloth into a empty wipe case seen here

My goal is to see how long that toilet paper will last now that I am at least using the family cloth....though dunno if they call it family cloth if only one person is using it.






No comments:

Post a Comment