Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Day in the Life

As you can tell if you frequent the blog that couponing seems to have taken over my life, since the name of my blog is The Adventures of a Mother but every post seems to be about couponing or saving money.  This is because this is what my life is filled with everyday.  Everyday I come in contact with coupons or a way to save money. I am going to try to gear the blog to be more open but there will still be the weekly store match-up that I do but will try and add more family saving info. 

Just today I was able to get a YEAR subscription to Cosmopolitan magazine via Recyclebank, which is a free to join website that teaches you how to be more green in your home and you earn points you can redeem for other items.  So far I've been able to get coupons for Coke products, which are rare where I live.

Now for the couponing, I order whole inserts via Insert Insanity because my town doesn't get Redplum at all and even then our coupons are sometimes crappy as compared to the ones I get from them. I am a bit behind and now have 2 weeks of coupons to cut, but no worries as I know I'll get them done.

As some of you may have known my birthday was July 14th, for my birthday I went to see the LAST Harry Potter movie, a nerd yes I know. My husband watched the kids so I could even go to the midnight release and wait in a long line just to see it. It was well worth it of course.  My friend also paid for a ticket for us to see New Kids on the Block & Backstreet Boys!  Now our seats were so high up I literally began having a panic attack when the lights went out and I saw where we were suppose to sit, luckily we were able to sneak and find seats on the ground level (don't worry they stayed empty the whole concert so we didn't steal seats).  My camera took the crappy pictures but I can't wait to see my friends, her camera is an awesome one and I know she got good ones. The most exciting part is, Nick and Brian from Backstreet Boys walked right down our isle literally 2 seats away from us.

The very same weekend my friend has her daughter's 1st birthday party!
This is the birthday girl, is she not ADORABLE! Love this little girl, always makes me smile when I'm around her.  Now my friends grandpa had an amazing camera that made me so jealous but took amazing pictures.


This is my little mini-me, I saw this and instantly had a little freak out at how cute it was!
This is the girls swimming, they are best friends to the max and cry and scream when separated and constantly ask us the next time they will see each other, it's so cute though.

Now since my son likes to get up sooo early now he gets to watch his Blues Blues on Netflix by himself, now guys this is the only time he does what you see in the video which he first did yesterday but I was too slow to get to the camera to record it. He's also just starting to really put words together and make sentences which is fun to decode and cute altogether. **Click on the word video to see the video since it's not showing up when I try to add it video the add video from youtube**

I've also been working on bows and such for my "business" , I say business like that since I haven't taken off with it yet but here's a picture of the felt bow centers or snap clip felts I ordered that I can't wait to use!


So on today's agenda we have laundry, cleaning possibly, tending to the kids as always, coupon cutting, and crafting once the kids go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment